Experimental study on the effect of GeHong Tangtai Double melon compound peptide on hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetic rats
Abstract: Objectine：To explore the effect of Gehong Tang Tai Shuangkua compound peptide on glucose and lipid metabolism in type 2 diabetic rats and whether it has assisting hypoglycemic function. Methods: male SD rats were randomly divided into blank control group, model control group, 0.5 g/kg group, 1 g/kg group, 2 g/kg group, and 2 g/kg normal animal group according to their body weight with 10 in each group. The blank and 2 g/kg normal animal group were fed to maintain the diet, and the rest were fed with high-fat and high-sugar diet. After 3 weeks and 2 days of feeding, rats in the model control group and each dose group were intraperitoneally injected with 105 mg/kg alloxan. After 5 days, animals in each group fasted for 4H, collecting blood from the caudal vein asting blood to measure glucose and glucose tolerance at 0.5H and 2H were recorded ;blood from the inner canthus was collected, serum levels of serum insulin, total cholesterol (TC) and triglyceride (TG) were isolated and measured,. Results: 2 g/kg Gehong Tangtai double melon compound peptide significantly increased glucose tolerance in diabetic rats by 0.5H (P<0.01). Triglyceride TG level of diabetic rats was significantly reduced in each dose group (P <0.05, P <0.01). 2. The serum TC level of total cholesterol(TC) in the 0.5 g/kg group of diabetic rats was significantly reduced (P <0.05, P <0.01). The high-dose samples had no effect on the fasting blood glucose of normal rats. Conclusion: The compound peptide of Gehong Tang Tai Double melon has the function of assisting hypoglycemic.
1. A. C. Gomes, A. A. Bueno, R. G. de Souza, J. F. Mota, Gut microbiota, probiotics and diabetes. Nutr J.2014 13:60.
2. J. E. Shaw, R. A. Sicree, P. Z. Zimmet, Global estimates of the prevalence of diabetes for 2010 and 2030. Diabetes Res Clin Pract.2010 87:4-14.
3. F. Dang et al., Administration of Lactobacillus paracasei ameliorates type 2 diabetes in mice. Food Funct.2018 9:3630-3639.
4. S.-H. L. L. SH et al., Therapeutic effect of tyndallized Lactobacillus rhamnosus IDCC 3201 on atopic dermatitis mediated by down-regulation of immunoglobulin E in NC/Nga mice. Microbiology and immunology.2016 468-476.
5. O. J. P. P. OJ, W. L. B. B. WL, V. T. T. V, A. B. B. A, C. I. C. C. CI, Oral antidiabetic drugs and regression from prediabetes to normoglycemia: a meta-analysis. The Annals of pharmacotherapy.2012 469-476.